It was unlike any previous years, but we did manage to have our 2021 Sports Day(s)!
To comply with Covid guidance, we introduced various measures:
- Only participants from each sports house are to attend preliminary rounds and the final day event.
- To avoid grouping together in public we excluded the parade of contingents.
- We left empty lanes between runners for the track events.
- Temperature Scans and Attendance were taken for all participants and teachers.
- Sadly, we were unable to invite family and friends to watch.
Despite all these, we were able to have a great time and the students all competed fiercely but fairly across a full range of events, supporting and encouraging each other throughout: Sprint, long jump, shotput, javelin, relay races, long-distance race and tug of war.
On June, Saturday 26th, we held our sprint finals and tug of war finals. Congratulations to the Blue house for obtaining the title of Champion House for the Year 2021, after more than a decade of waiting!
*Check out this media gallery by click here